After Google I/O 2014, Android Wear devices has attained substantially preference compared to Android L. If you were about to buy an Android Wear, do check whether your Android device is compatible with Android Wear or not. There’s no use in testing it after buying the wearable, do follow the instructions below to find whether your Android device is compatible with Android wear or not.
- Open any web browser in your Android device. (We prefer Google chrome browser)
- Now go to http://g.co/wearcheck from your phone web browser.
- If you see a phone and watch displays green color, then your device is compatible with Android Wear.
- If it displays red color, then your device is not compatible with Android Wear and you cannot connect your phone with Android wear.
- What color does it displays on your device? Its red color for me 🙁
The basic requirement for the compatibility is your device should run on Android version 4.3 or higher. If your device version is lower than Android 4.3 then it is not compatible.