ZIP files are widely used for its lossless data compression, as it saves some space on our HDD or internet data & time while transferring files online. ZIP file also supports password protection and enables more safer and secured file transfer and storage. We’re using 7-ZIP software to create password protected file, as it provides life-long free version. Just follow the below instructions to create password protected ZIP file,
Also Read: How to password protect USB drive/Pen drive
- Before initiating this process, you need to download & install 7-ZIP to your computer.
- Once installed 7-ZIP, navigate to the file that you need to compress and password protect.
- Right-click the file, choose 7-ZIP —> Add to archive.
- Change the archive format to ZIP, and in Encryption field type in the password in Enter Password & Reenter Password field.
- Once finished, click OK to save the work done.
- That’s it! Your ZIP file is password protected.
- Now, when you try to open the file it will ask you to enter the password to access it.
You can transfer password protected ZIP files to your friends, colleagues in a safer and secured way.