Lets start with a good news, Whatsapp is free for Indian users, and the bad news is Whatsapp’s “Blue check mark”. The new blue check mark feature will let the sender to know whether the recipient has read the message or not. If you weren’t familiar with the check marks in Whatsapp, do find more about it below.
After Facebook, its Whatsapp’s turn to mess up with users relationship status. If you’re really annoyed about the blue check mark on Whatsapp, here’s the how-to about disabling the blue check mark .
UPDATE: Whatsapp’s new version 2.11.444 is available now. In the new version, you can turn on/off read receipt feature by reaching Whatsapp’s setting option. You can download the latest version from Whatsapp official page.
Since the blue check mark feature is available only on Whatsapp v 2.11.431, you can downgrade the app version and disable the feature.
- Before initiating this how-to, you need to backup your previous conversations. You can backup conversations by going to Whatsapp Setting —> Chat Settings —-> Backup conversations.
- Once the backup is finished, go to your phone settings —> Security —-> touch on Unknown sources to install apps from unknown sources other than play store. If you’ve already enabled it make sure of it once again.
- Download Whatsapp v 2.11.399 to your Android device and install it.
- Now, sync your contacts and conversation from the backup you’ve made.
- That’s it! Blue tick feature is disabled. Whenever you open a Whatsapp message the sender won’t be notified with the blue tick.
Note: Don’t forget to turn off auto-update app feature in Play Store app. Open Play Store app, go to settings —> Auto-update apps —-> Do not auto-update apps.
If you find any error while performing this how-to, do share it in the comment section and we will sort it out for you.