Why to install a torrent application to your PC when there are options available to download torrent using browser itself. If you’re feeling lazy to switch between your web browser and torrent app, here’s a solution to download torrent files within Firefox browser.
- First, download and install Torrent Tornado add-on to your Firefox browser.
- Once installed, you can find the Torrent Tornado icon in the top right corner of the browser.
- Go to your favorite torrent site and click the download button, torrent tornado will automatically grab the file.
- Just click the Start! button and a new tab pops out where you can find the list of torrent downloads and track the download status.
- You can also check the download status by clicking on the Torrent tornado icon. You can add torrent files manually by clicking on Add new torrent button, it supports Magnet-URI association, .torrent file-type association.
- Its just a simple(ad-free) add-on with limited options to control over the torrent file. Your just allowed to add, save and delete torrent files using it, and nothing other than that. Well, you can change the trackers, cache size too.
- That’s it! Now download torrent files with Firefox.
If you’re an unlimited torrent downloader, its not for you, you can stay happy with your old school download method. May be we can expect more features in the upcoming versions. If you download torrent files once in a week/month, then Torrent Tornado is for you.
You can also share similar kind of add-ons and plugins in the comment section below.