Tried hard to share your laptop/PC internet connection with mobile phones via WiFi, but nothing works? In this how-to you can find an easier method to share laptop internet connection without a third party application like connectify, mHotspot, virtual router or anything else. In this method you’re going to turn your laptop into a WiFi hotspot without an external application.
If your PC/Laptop doesn’t have WiFi adapter to share internet connection, you can buy one from here for a cheap price and enjoy up to 4x faster wireless speed.
- Open command prompt as an administrator.
- Now copy the below given code and paste it in the command prompt.
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=WiFiHotspot key=12345678
“WiFiHotspot” is your hotspot network name, you can change it if you need to.
“12345678” is the login password for your WiFi hotspot, you can change it if you need to.
- Once again copy and paste the below given code in the command prompt.
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
- You should see “The hosted network started” message.
- Go to Network and Sharing center in control panel, and click on your main network connection status.
- Now, click on the properties button.
- Click on Sharing tab, and enable “Allow other network users… internet connection”. Don’t forget to select a home networking connection for sharing internet connection. I choose “Wireless Network Connection 2” as my home networking connection on my PC, I recommend you to use the same network on your PC/Laptop too, if not choose “Wireless Network Connection”.
- That’s it! Everything is done and you can connect your mobile phone with your PC’s internet connection.
If you find any errors while configuring this method do comment us and we will solve it.