WordPress is the most popular blogging platform with more than 20 million users around the internet. According to Wikipedia, WordPress occupies 22.0% of top 10 million websites on the internet. Most top and new bloggers prefer WordPress over Blogspot due to its ease and simple to work. As in WordPress, most of our work gets finished by just installing required plugin. Plugin plays the major part in WordPress platform. Do follow the instructions below to find how to install plugins to your WordPress blog.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard.
- Hover over Plugins —> choose Add New
- Once you click Add New, you will be taken to the Install Plugins page.
- Just type the plugin name in the search bar and click the Search Plugins button to start search.
- When search gets completed, you will get the list of plugins related to the keyword typed.
- By default your search result displayed based on keyword, you can also search plugins based on tags, author name.
- Click the Install Now link to install the plugin to your blog.
- Click Ok to proceed.
- Once the plugin gets installed, click Activate Plugin.
- That’s it!
- You can find more than 30,000 plugins @ https://wordpress.org/plugins/, just search and download the plugin to your computer.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard, hover over Plugins —> choose Add New
- Once Install Plugins page is loaded, click the Upload link.
- Click on choose file and upload the downloaded plugin, once the file is chosen click Install Now button.
- When the plugin gets uploaded, click Activate Plugin link to activate the plugin.
- That’s it!