Previously, on How to Guides we dealt about how to change Blogger template. Changing the Blogger/Blogspot template is not a big deal, but customizing it according to our need is a big deal. All blogger templates are not user friendly to customize, as you can’t finish it up in few clicks. One such problem is fixed/locked widget, which can’t be easily edited or removed, it’s a widget without a remove button i.e. Navigation bar and attribution widget. Do you have a widget without a remove button, don’t worry do the following procedures to remove it with a few clicks and edits.
- Open any web browser, go to www.blogger.com and login to your account.
- Go to your blog dashboard, choose Template —> Edit HTML
- Click Jump to widget, and choose which widget you want to edit or just use the search bar to find the widget code. For eg. I choose navigation bar widget to remove.
- Once you find the widget code, find whether the locked value is true or false. If the value is true the widget is locked and you can’t edit or remove it.
- Now, change the locked value to false and click on the Save button.
- That’s it! Now you can edit or delete the widget in blogger on layout section.
If you would like to add something to this how-to, please share it with us in the comment section.