Every blogger from newbie to pro put in a lot of work on their blog content to drive organic traffic to their blog. Not just writing a good content and optimizing site template/theme helps in driving organic traffic to the blog. There are several tools and technique available to index your blog to the search engines, and one among them is submitting blog sitemap to Google. By submitting your blog sitemap to Google helps in making your blog content visible to all search engines. You can read more about sitemaps from here. Here’s the how-to about submitting blogger sitemap to Google using Webmaster Tools.
- Go to https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools and log in with your Google account.
- If you’ve already added your blog to webmaster tools, then click on your blog link to access the site dashboard.
- If not added your site to webmaster tools, click on Add A Site button and add your blog.
- Once added your site to webmaster tools, go to your site dashboard by clicking on your site link.
- Now, click on Sitemaps
- Click on ADD/TEST SITEMAP in the right side of your browser.
- Now copy and paste the below code in the text box,
- After adding the code in the text box, click Submit Sitemap button.
- That’s it! Sitemap for your blog is submitted to Google using webmaster tools.
Just refresh the page to check the number of post submitted to Google. The code we have used is limited to 500 post only, if your blog has more than 500 posts then copy paste the below given code and click the Submit Sitemap button.
If you find any error while executing this how-to, do share the error in the comment box below and we will solve it for you.