Need a cheap or zero percent investment surveillance system for your home or office? Then you can do it on your own with your old or new Android phone. Other than Android phone you need a working PC to access your surveillance system. You can also turn your Android phone into a webcam using this how-to.
Also Read: How To Sync Android Phone Contacts To Gmail
How-To: Android Phone into a surveillance camera
- Go to play store from your Android phone and install IP Webcam app.
- Once installed, open the application and configure it according to your need.
- You can configure the video preferences, effects, motion sensors and more. It is better to secure the network by creating a login and password to access your feed.
- After finishing up configuring, scroll to the bottom and touch Start Server.
- Now, open any web browser (Chrome is recommended) and enter the IP address you find at the bottom of the screen on your Android device.
- Choose the video rendering version you would like to stream the video, and your surveillance system is done.
- You can make use of the control options available below the video to take a photo, record the footage, turn on LED and more.
How-To: Android phone into a Webcam
- Before initiating this how-to, you need to download and install IP Camera Adapter to your PC.
- Once installed IP camera adapter, open the application and input the required details.
- The URL you used to stream IP webcam video in the above how-to is the Camera feed URL, and don’t forget to add /videofeed to the end of the URL. Your camera feed URL should look like http://190.001.0.0:8080/videofeed. Enter the same username and password you created using IP Webcam app on your Android phone.
- Once finished, Click Apply and then OK.
- That’s it! Now you can use your Android phone as webcam. Just go to Facebook or Google plus and make a video call, it works!